I have always found bunnies so amazing because they legitimately have ways to show they love you. Bunnies are bond forming animals. They will look for security and affection in their owner. As time goes on, we use certain actions they demonstrate as signs to determine how far along you are in the bonding process, as well as how effectively the owner, and us here at Lovely Bunny's, working together are accomplishing our goal along along the way. Listed below are eight signs that demonstrate your bunny is growing to absolutely love you!
It is important to note the steps might not always be in this order, but as you check more off the box, the closer you are to that everlasting bond!
1. This can happen as instantly as day one, in which your bunny is crawling on you, sniffing you and even hopping on your lap. It is an important step in the right direction because you now have a non timid bunny who is an attention seeker.
2. If you have your bunny out and they are are circling your feet, they are demonstrating a way of wanted attention. When they do this give them a little head rub to assure them you are both on the same page in understanding your bunny's actions.
3. This is my favorite of all time and with the proper cage set up, love, and care you will see your bunny flop. Sometimes it looks more like they just passed out sitting up, sometimes it is more of a barrel role. Either way it is a sign of a very happy and relaxed bunny in its current living situation.
4. Bunnies when they get excited will do something called a Binky. This is another extremely adorable demonstration of happiness, and relaxation, as they will run and do high jumps in the air, sometime even with a little of a contorted motion.
5. Seeking out resting on your lap. If your bunny begins to approach you and plops down on your lap, or in rare cases, your shoulder, they want affection. This is a great point to gage when your bunny is really beginning to fall head over heels for you.
6. Most people do not know this but bunnies purr! They also click their teeth when they would like to be played with. If your bunny is purring, in has begun to be so comfortable with you that, you know you are almost fully bonded.
7. Nudging you is also a very important sign to check off the list. If your bunny is nudging you it is their way of saying, "I want a massage", and how can you deny such an adorable little creature like that a head massage. It is important to note, that certain bunnies like massages in certain places, for example some bunnies like chin rubs. Learning their likes and rewarding them, will only strengthen your connection.
8. The tell tale sign of them all, licks and nibbles. If your bunny is grooming you it literally means they love you! You are now an official part of its family and vice versa.
*If you would like some extra help formulating the bond with your bunny visit our Bunny Bonding Bag Kit Page
WE DO STILL HAVE BUNNIES AVAIALBLE HERE IS A SNEAK PEAK AT A FEW LEFT BELOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED VISIT OUR AVAILABLE BUNNIES PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Wishing all the bunny lovers out there the best,
Matthew- Owner of Lovely Bunny's
Phone: (973) 330-2928
Matthew- I have been an avid bunny lover and advocate for years. I decided to put my passion into Lovely Bunny's, which is driven by information and customer service. The articles I write are written with the main purpose to educate current and future bunny owners on how to raise, love, and care for the bunny's properly.