1. Search the internet for duplicate pictures online that would not be organic to the breeder's website. At Lovely Bunny's all of our Videos, Pictures, Blogs, and information is all solely proprietary to our customer base. Absolutely, nothing is pulled of the internet from other sources.
2. See how much effort has been put into the website, and that there are legitimate contact numbers relative to their area code,
3. Always Call! Never make or finalize a transaction solely through email, and if Pre-Paid gift cards are brought into the conversation, that is a big time "Red Flag"
4. Make sure your payment has an electronic paper trail, to bring the scammer to justice so no one can ever experience this kind of trauma again.
5. Be Inquisitive over the phone. I sometimes spend 30 minutes on a phone call with a potential customer prior to them even deciding to purchase a bunny from us.
6. Ask for referrals if you still are skeptical and view Authentic Reviews. At Lovely Bunny's we have a vast Authentic Customer Review Page, including pictures of our actual customers! +f you get a whole run around about customer privacy the owner of the business can easily reach out to plenty of customers who I am sure would be happy to oblige to giving you some comfort.
7. Get and idea about how much the breeder cares. Are they passionate? Do they want to just get the transaction over with and be sent on your way? Do they even know anything about the breed of pet at all?
8. Make sure the website is updated daily. There are a number of dead websites scammers can hack and pass off as their own to get as much money as they can in the period of time they have. Fortunately, they always do get caught, unfortunately that does not always result in getting your money back.
9. Be Vigilant of a legally validated Sale Policy. This give you protection from scammers and breeders not following regulations.
10. Always make sure the business is located in the United States. This meaning their main location is in the united States and not just one of their "Sub Locations" are in The United States. Never send money outside of the country.
Just these simple 10 steps are going to increase your ability to avoid scams tremendously!
For More Questions Or Information Please Call Me At (973) 330-2928
Wishing all of our customers and animal lovers around all of my love!!!
Matthew- Lovely Bunny's Co-Owner