With Adriann de Cock's goal realized the Holland Lop was a perfect physical specimen from a health and temperament standpoint. (Of Course it is undeniable they are the cutest little critters in the world!)
1. Full grown Holland Lops 2-4 pounds as opposed to a lighter dwarf extends their life span from a 5-8 to a 10-12 range.
2. Their compact bodies lead to a lack of bone, joint, ad structural issues.
3. Their fur is dense but medium in length, which results in more efficient self grooming and a reduction in shedding.
4. Their temperament consistently plays out as curious, sweet, and docile. Especially when personality development is worked on.
5. While on the smaller side they are now accessible to people of all size homes, even apartments, which is tremendously attractive to any future pet owner.
6. Lastly, Holland Lops are easily trainable, and are not destructive like other breeds, again a major plus in a future pet owners check list.
Over the years Holland Lops popularity due to these six major characteristics continued to sky rocket in popularity.
*Just to note here at Lovely Bunny's roughly 30% of our Customer base comes from referrals. A testament that Holland Lops deserve at least 80% of the credit for. The other 20% coming from top Customer Service, A Humane Leading Approach, and a Staff who diligently works on giving all of our baby bunnies and full grown bunnies, a consistent amount of love, care, and clean proper living environments.
Continuing on the timeline, In 1979 Holland Lops were officially recognized as a breed by the American Rabbit Breeders Association. Which really started to give the United States access to information on how great this breed actually was. Over the next few decades Holland Lops continued climbing the ladder in popularity.
Fast forward a few more decades- The introduction of the internet, the education and access to reputable sources to get these bunnies from, and the ability to get the most out of their lives and personality. Holland Lops are not only the most popular breed of pet bunny, but because of their ability to fit so many owner's lifestyles, could someday even be the most popular pet in the entire world, and they truly deserve nothing less!
Wishing all of our customers and animal lovers around all of my love!!!
Matthew- Lovely Bunny's Co-Owner
Phone: (973) 330-2928